There are currently 44 stubs. You can help us by expanding these articles!
The Shotgun is a weapon that Gregg provides for Conker to use in the Spooky chapter of Conker's Bad Fur Day and Conker: Live & Reloaded. It is the only weapon that can kill Zombies, and therefore replaces the Frying Pan (or Baseball Bat) for most of the chapter.
Oddly, in Live & Reloaded, the Shotgun was redesigned to more closely resemble a blunderbuss.
In the Spooky chapter, after pulling a lever to open the Graveyard entrance, Conker must talk to Gregg at the pier. Here Gregg provides him with a Shotgun to properly fight and kill Zombies with, as he hates the undead.
The first time when Conker is required use the Shotgun is in the following Graveyard, where he must kill numerous Zombies. To instantly kill a Zombie, Conker must shoot at its head. He can injure a Zombie by shooting it elsewhere, although this does not kill them.
Later in Count Batula's Mansion, Conker can use his Shotgun against each Zombie throughout the location. Although this is not required, it allows him to more easily navigate through the mansion, and to return each Key into the front door.
In Multi, the Shotgun is a weapon only used in the Bunker and Temple maps of the Deathmatch mode. Its codename is the HW-10. The Shotgun is a pick-up weapon, and it is one of the most powerful weapons as firing at a nearby opponent instantly kills them, exploding the upper half of their body.
The player can make Conker aim the Shotgun with a red laser by pressing , then (or the Right Trigger in Live & Reloaded) to fire. Like his main weapon, the Frying Pan or Baseball Bat, Conker draws out the weapon by pressing , and holsters it if the same button is pressed again. After firing from the Shotgun, Conker automatically reloads it within two seconds.
In Bad Fur Day, Conker can only use the Shotgun by aiming without moving. In Live & Reloaded, the dual control sticks of the Xbox Controller allow Conker to better aim the Shotgun. The remake also gives him the ability to move or jump while using it.
- Even though the weapon was replaced with a blunderbuss in the remake, it seems they were meant to be replaced with a double barrel shotgun, as it appears in the same place as the shotgun at the ending cutscene where Conker browses the arsenal.
- The shotgun was supposed to be a weapon in the multiplayer mode due to the internal script files which have alt-fire modes:
- XML_MP_WMODE_SHOTGUN_MODE_BUTT_WHIP which judging by the name it will do a butt stock attack
- XML_MP_WMODE_SHOTGUN_MODE_TRIPPLE_BLAST which will shoot three times like some weapons having a burst fire mode
- XML_MP_WMODE_SHOTGUN_MODE_NAIL_BLAST which would likely have been an dum dum rounds or the depleted uranium rounds like the Sturm 21 and widowmaker respectfully.
- It has a confirmed model due to Chris Seavor confirming the top left is a shotgun. Though it's unknown if the shotgun was an upgraded weapon or a starter weapon - if the latter is true, there might be an Old War variation. Its most likely user might have been the Engineer, since he is the only class that might fit.
- ↑ Conker's Bad Fur Day: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide, page 95